Wednesday 6 April 2011

Production-Final Album Cover

This post shows how I produced my final album cover using the software Photoshop.
Firstly I found and manipulated the colours of the picture of the forest, by this I changed the hue and saturation, contrast and brightness. 
Next I uploaded and copied the pictures of the mushrooms, this added the idea of fantasy to the image.
Then I added a layer above the background image, it was black and then changed the opacity, this created a darker feel to the image. 
The shadow of the wolf was then added, this was one done through the blending options and colour filled it with black and then changed the opacity. 
Then the final text was added using the font 'beyond wonderland' and the image of Little Red Riding Hood.

Back of the cover:

On photoshop I have manipulated  the image of the forest in terms of hue and saturation, brightness and contrast. This image has been reversed to reflect that we are now looking at a different perspective (from the back).
Then I added another layer to the image, it was black then I edited the opacity to add the eery feel to the forest. Then I used the same image of the wolf but put it in the foreground to show that this is from a different perspective of the front image.

Then the fonts of the production info, band name and websites were added to the back.
Lastly the track last was added including vital details found on the back cover such as the track length, performers and producers.

No comments:

Post a Comment